Celtic Knots Recipe
Submitted Mar 9, 2004 by LIFamilies
It makes about 18 Knots.
- 1 egg white.
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix plus ingredients to prepare mix.
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt.
- 2 teaspoons water.
1. prepare hot roll mix according to package directions.
2. Preheat oven to 375 Degrees F. Spray baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Divide Dough Equally into 16 pieces. Shape each piece into rope, about 10 inches long. Place on prepared baking sheets. Form into interlocking rings as shown in photo. Moisten ends of rope with a little water where they join, and pinch to seal.
4. Beat egg white and water in small bowl until foamy. Brush onto dough shapes. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
5. Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown. serve warm or at room temperature.