LIFamilies.com - Long Island, NY


RSS
Articles Business Directory Blog Real Estate Community Forum Shop My Family Contests

Log In Chat Index Search Rules Lingo Create Account

Quick navigation:   

Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**

Posted By Message

SummerMom
Now a mom of 2!

Member since 6/07

4970 total posts

Name:

Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**

**Update: We got the call at 2:30 today that we've been cleared to close! Our lawyer and the bank's lawyer okayed Friday as our closing date but we haven't heard from the sellers' attorney yet. Fingers crossed for Friday... Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon


I'm sorry, I never come on here just to vent but I really need to get this out. We got our mortgage commitment over a month ago and still haven't been cleared to close. When we got our commitment, our loan officer told us it would be about 10-14 days. It's been 32. And still no word. I call and he tells me he'll call me back, and he doesn't. I email, and get emails back that say, "We want to get you in your house as soon as possible!" Great, I'm glad you WANT that for me... but what the heck is going on????

My rate lock is up on Friday and at this point it doesn't look like we're going to close by then. So I have to pay EXTRA now because the bank is dragging its feet? I have given them everything they've asked for within hours of them asking. I'm doing everything right and they're taking their sweet ol' time. I'm going crazy! Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon

Thanks - I just needed to get that out.

Message edited 2/16/2010 4:51:56 PM.

Posted 2/16/10 11:41 AM
 
Long Island Weddings
Long Island's Largest Bridal Resource
  |   Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate

CathyB

Member since 5/05

19403 total posts

Name:

Re: Still waiting... VENT

We had that problem with our re-fi earlier this month. DH finally fired off an email to the loan coordinator at the bank asking if this was the first time they'd done a re-fi with our insurance company since they kept asking for additional info from our insurance company (we went back to them 3x over the course of the re-fi). Plus they verified his employment 4x and the HR people were starting to ask if he was really doing a re-fi or was he switching jobs. He told them that if they couldn't tell him the next day everything they needed and provide a closing date he was pulling out of the deal. Wouldn't you know, they called the next day with a closing date.

Posted 2/16/10 11:47 AM
 

SummerMom
Now a mom of 2!

Member since 6/07

4970 total posts

Name:

Re: Still waiting... VENT

Thanks for sharing that story. I knew I couldn't be the only one - but I feel so alone in this. Just sitting at home, waiting for the phone to ring, checking my email every 5 minutes... I feel like such a freak!

The thing is, they haven't asked for a ridiculous amount of things. According to them, everything is in order. They have what they need. We're just not getting that one last person to sign off on our file. On Friday morning we found out that our file is out of underwriting and just needs the auditor to sign off on it... haven't heard anything since. So I don't even know who to be mad at! I just know I'm mad.

Posted 2/16/10 11:54 AM
 

Beth
The Key to your new home....

Member since 2/06

24849 total posts

Name:
Beth

Re: Still waiting... VENT

if the file was in underwriting friday am- yesterday banks were closed

you are almost there

I would be mad at the person that told you 10-14 days....b/c 30-45 is the average

Posted 2/16/10 11:57 AM
 

SummerMom
Now a mom of 2!

Member since 6/07

4970 total posts

Name:

Re: Still waiting... VENT

Thanks, Beth.

We wanted to close on Feb. 11 - that's the date that was in our mortgage commitment - and all along they told us that it was going to happen on that date. We packed, we bought new stuff, that date came and went, and we still don't even have authorization to close. And no one will call me back! The waiting is driving me insane.

Posted 2/16/10 12:07 PM
 

jgl
Love my little boys!!!

Member since 8/07

7060 total posts

Name:
g

Re: Still waiting... VENT

we had problems like this as well.. our paper work was "sitting"and waiting to be given to the underwriter for weeks. finally Dh started calling and being nasty.. all of a sudden the underwriter had it that dayChat Icon

good luck just continue to stay ontop of it!

Posted 2/16/10 12:27 PM
 

pnbplus1
Family

Member since 5/09

5751 total posts

Name:
Mommy

Re: Still waiting... VENT

I would ask the bank to pay the fee for extending your rate lock since its their fault you can't close by the deadline. We had this happen and our bank paid to extend our rate for 1 week even though we only needed it extended 2 days and to top it all off, they sent us a $200 check bc of the inconvenience.

Posted 2/16/10 12:53 PM
 

SummerMom
Now a mom of 2!

Member since 6/07

4970 total posts

Name:

Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**

Thanks for the encouragement. We got the call a couple of hours ago! Looks like we might close on Friday now. So I'll miss out on getting to set up the house during Presidents' Week (I'm a teacher) but I'm so happy it's finally happening! Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon

Posted 2/16/10 4:53 PM
 

mandasue
LIF Adolescent

Member since 3/09

772 total posts

Name:
Amanda

Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**

Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon

fingers Xd for friday!!!!!!!!!
Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon

Posted 2/16/10 5:35 PM
 

mikeandjess
LIF Adult

Member since 10/07

2278 total posts

Name:

Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**

yay dava! I'm glad it all worked out for you. Congrats!

Posted 2/16/10 5:44 PM
 

rkoenke
my little piggys

Member since 3/08

4315 total posts

Name:
rachel

Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**

hallelujah!!!

Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon

see you around the hood!


i'll say congrats in person!
Chat Icon

Posted 2/16/10 6:04 PM
 

SweetPeaMomma
LIF Adolescent

Member since 7/07

806 total posts

Name:
jen

Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**

i remember the frustration being in limbo between the accepted offer and the closing date...we were going crazy nearly going past our rate lock date too. SO excited about your update, congrats on your new home and good luck!!!! Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon

Posted 2/16/10 6:08 PM
 

PennyCat
Just call me mommy :)

Member since 7/08

19084 total posts

Name:
Jib

Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**

Great update! I hope you're able to close by Friday!!

We still can't close Chat Icon Long story, but if we don't close by next week, we'll be homeless. I think I've grown numb to the aggravation by now. This house business is one think after another!

Posted 2/16/10 6:20 PM
 

JldDolphin

Member since 1/07

6929 total posts

Name:
Jen

Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**

congrats. fingers crossed for friday.Chat Icon

Posted 2/16/10 8:29 PM
 

jen919ifer
LIF Adolescent

Member since 7/08

803 total posts

Name:
Jennifer

Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**

YAY DAVA!!!!! Chat Icon

Posted 2/16/10 9:03 PM
 

CallaLily
Thank you, Saint Gerard!

Member since 10/07

4937 total posts

Name:

Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**

That's wonderful! Congratulations! Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon

Posted 2/16/10 10:08 PM
 

SummerMom
Now a mom of 2!

Member since 6/07

4970 total posts

Name:

Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**

Thank you! The sellers' attorney apparently doesn't work past 4 PM so our lawyer couldn't get in touch with him. We'll have to wait another day to find out our closing date, I guess. I'm good at waiting by now! I just find it hard to believe that 3 days from now we might be homeowners!

Posted 2/16/10 10:11 PM
 

MommyofG
just the girls

Member since 5/05

9461 total posts

Name:
Janice

Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**

Hi fingers crossed for friday!!!
do you still need a guy to move the boiler? my dads friend who did this for the town of hempstead retired but I can still get you info if you need. best of luck to you!!!!!Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon

Posted 2/17/10 5:49 PM
 

HeatherRose
Life is Good :)

Member since 11/07

6605 total posts

Name:

Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**

great news!! Chat Icon

Posted 2/17/10 7:51 PM
 
 

Potentially Related Topics:

Topic Posted By Started Replies Forum
Is anyone else waiting (or has waited) 20 plus weeks until Level II? (Vent) kathleeng 4/11/08 21 Pregnancy
Vent-I hate this waiting Kierasmom 12/19/06 1 TTC
MIni-Vent----Nobody ever comes out here!!!!!!! Holly 5/20/05 8 Families Helping Families ™
peasant skirts - mini vent! Jax430 5/15/05 7 Families Helping Families ™
I have to vent...... MsMBV 5/13/05 7 Families Helping Families ™
OK, I really need to vent (long) Scotty-CassidysMom 5/12/05 4 Families Helping Families ™
 
Quick navigation:   
Currently 741510 users on the LIFamilies.com Chat
New Businesses
1 More Rep
Carleton Hall of East Islip
J&A Building Services
LaraMae Health Coaching
Sonic Wellness
Julbaby Photography LLC
Ideal Uniforms
Teresa Geraghty Photography
Camelot Dream Homes
Long Island Wedding Boutique
MB Febus- Rodan & Fields
Camp Harbor
Market America-Shop.com
ACM Basement Waterproofing
Travel Tom

      Follow LIWeddings on Facebook

      Follow LIFamilies on Twitter
Long Island Bridal Shows