|
I think I'm going to throw up **UPDATE: THEY DIDN'T TAKE OUR OFFER**
| Posted By |
Message |
| Pages: 1 [2] |
Nifheim
allo

Member since 1/09 5476 total posts
Name: Jennifer
|
Re: I think I'm going to throw up **UPDATE: THEY DIDN'T TAKE OUR OFFER**
wow they are really dumb and you know what about six months from now they will call you. We just had that happen. The seller was holding on to the house it was $5K difference in what our last offer was so we walked and six months later we get a call. Guess what - the house is still for sale.
|
Posted 11/9/09 3:40 PM |
| |
|
Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate
Long Island's Largest Bridal Resource | Long Island Weddings |
ave1024
I Took The Wrong Road

Member since 12/07 6153 total posts
Name: That Led To The Wrong Tendencies
|
Re: I think I'm going to throw up **UPDATE: THEY DIDN'T TAKE OUR OFFER**
The owner may just want to see what happens with the open house. I don't think there is anything wrong with it.
He obviously knows you REALLY want this house, so he is going to use this to his advantage.
When I put my house on the market, I got pretty close to my asking price from the very first person my agent showed the house to.
I was tempted to ride it out and see if I could get someone to do better, but I decided to take it since my house was still priced way higher than many of the comps in the zip code. But it was tempting to try to do better. This had to have been the easiest sale my agent ever had. One showing. No open house.
|
Posted 11/9/09 3:42 PM |
| |
|
SummerMom
Now a mom of 2!

Member since 6/07 4970 total posts
Name:
|
Re: I think I'm going to throw up **UPDATE: THEY DIDN'T TAKE OUR OFFER**
Posted by ave1024
The owner may just want to see what happens with the open house. I don't think there is anything wrong with it.
He obviously knows you REALLY want this house, so he is going to use this to his advantage.
When I put my house on the market, I got pretty close to my asking price from the very first person my agent showed the house to.
I was tempted to ride it out and see if I could get someone to do better, but I decided to take it since my house was still priced way higher than many of the comps in the zip code. But it was tempting to try to do better. This had to have been the easiest sale my agent ever had. One showing. No open house.
Oh, I absolutely see your point. DH and I said yesterday that if we were the sellers, we probably would have done the same thing. Look at it this way: at the time, they had a 100% success rate of people seeing their house and then bidding on it! And if they could get a full-price offer in 6 days, imagine what might happen in 2 weeks? So I get it. I'm not judging them. It's just disappointing for me because I really felt like I put myself out there - we were SO nervous offering all that money, feeling a little foolish for jumping on their asking price, we couldn't even eat or sleep that night, and then we found out the next day that they didn't even accept it. It was a letdown for us. But I have a real feeling they'll be back, and in the meantime there are plenty of other houses to see.
|
Posted 11/9/09 3:54 PM |
| |
|
| Pages: 1 [2] |
Potentially Related Topics:
Currently 314183 users on the LIFamilies.com Chat
|