|
would you cancel if.....?
| Posted By |
Message |
specrn
LIF Infant
Member since 6/10 133 total posts
Name:
|
would you cancel if.....?
i can't believe this. DD turns 1 on Sunday. Big bday at restaurant on Sunday with 60 people 15 kids.
DD had high fever 2 1/2 days. Took her to ped said her throat was fire red. Said it may turn out to be coxsackie but by Sunday she wont be contagious either way. Today she is eating well (hardly would eat at all yesterday), and kept her on tylenol but seems much better.
My worries: what do I do if 4yr old DS gets it? What if she does have coxsackie and fever is gone but blisters arrive Sunday? I've been told by then she wouldn't be contagious but I know I'd be upset if I went to a bday and found out she was sick.
I'm trying not to panic, but we have people traveling from all over.
|
Posted 7/19/12 6:42 PM |
| |
|
Long Island Weddings
Long Island's Largest Bridal Resource |
LadyBug1209
Mommy to FOUR little men!
Member since 8/08 9655 total posts
Name:
|
Re: would you cancel if.....?
No, I wouldn't cancel. Your 1yo should be perfectly fine by then. If your 4yo gets it (God forbid), maybe someone can stay home with him/her. I'm sure everything will work out fine!
|
Posted 7/19/12 6:50 PM |
| |
|
Bridex100
Two Under Two Mommy

Member since 3/08 10420 total posts
Name: Momx100
|
Re: would you cancel if.....?
That is a tough one. Both my kids had coxsackie last month. I hope your DD doesn't get bad blisters.
I would not cancel but I would let the parents know and give them the option of not coming. I would do this on Saturday and not too prematurely. I would wait to see if she actually does have coxsackie. No point in alarming everyone if she is perfectly fine on Sunday and doesn't even have coxsackie.
|
Posted 7/19/12 7:00 PM |
| |
|
NewLeaf2012
LIF Adult
Member since 1/11 2741 total posts
Name: ....
|
Re: would you cancel if.....?
There is something similar to coxsacki going around. DS has it last friday. High fever for 3 days. Then 2 blisters in his throat on Mon. Strep came back negative. By Tueday, he was eating again. Recheck today showed no more blisters.. I wouldn't cancel...
|
Posted 7/19/12 9:54 PM |
| |
|
MrsW2010
Mommy of two!

Member since 5/10 2202 total posts
Name: Jill
|
Re: would you cancel if.....?
I wouldn't cancel, but id tell everyone and let them decide to come or not
|
Posted 7/20/12 6:08 AM |
| |
|
specrn
LIF Infant
Member since 6/10 133 total posts
Name:
|
Re: would you cancel if.....?
thanks...she woke up with rash. must be roseola. i am going to ped to confirm but she shouldn't be contagious Sunday - I don't think.
I'm still going to notify parents of the small kids as courtesy. It's only right.
|
Posted 7/20/12 8:29 AM |
| |
|
Potentially Related Topics:
Currently 778987 users on the LIFamilies.com Chat
|