| Posted By |
Message |
SummerMom
Now a mom of 2!

Member since 6/07 4970 total posts
Name:
|
Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**
**Update: We got the call at 2:30 today that we've been cleared to close! Our lawyer and the bank's lawyer okayed Friday as our closing date but we haven't heard from the sellers' attorney yet. Fingers crossed for Friday...
I'm sorry, I never come on here just to vent but I really need to get this out. We got our mortgage commitment over a month ago and still haven't been cleared to close. When we got our commitment, our loan officer told us it would be about 10-14 days. It's been 32. And still no word. I call and he tells me he'll call me back, and he doesn't. I email, and get emails back that say, "We want to get you in your house as soon as possible!" Great, I'm glad you WANT that for me... but what the heck is going on????
My rate lock is up on Friday and at this point it doesn't look like we're going to close by then. So I have to pay EXTRA now because the bank is dragging its feet? I have given them everything they've asked for within hours of them asking. I'm doing everything right and they're taking their sweet ol' time. I'm going crazy!
Thanks - I just needed to get that out.
Message edited 2/16/2010 4:51:56 PM.
|
Posted 2/16/10 11:41 AM |
| |
|
Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate
Long Island's Largest Bridal Resource | Long Island Weddings |
CathyB

Member since 5/05 19403 total posts
Name:
|
Re: Still waiting... VENT
We had that problem with our re-fi earlier this month. DH finally fired off an email to the loan coordinator at the bank asking if this was the first time they'd done a re-fi with our insurance company since they kept asking for additional info from our insurance company (we went back to them 3x over the course of the re-fi). Plus they verified his employment 4x and the HR people were starting to ask if he was really doing a re-fi or was he switching jobs. He told them that if they couldn't tell him the next day everything they needed and provide a closing date he was pulling out of the deal. Wouldn't you know, they called the next day with a closing date.
|
Posted 2/16/10 11:47 AM |
| |
|
SummerMom
Now a mom of 2!

Member since 6/07 4970 total posts
Name:
|
Re: Still waiting... VENT
Thanks for sharing that story. I knew I couldn't be the only one - but I feel so alone in this. Just sitting at home, waiting for the phone to ring, checking my email every 5 minutes... I feel like such a freak!
The thing is, they haven't asked for a ridiculous amount of things. According to them, everything is in order. They have what they need. We're just not getting that one last person to sign off on our file. On Friday morning we found out that our file is out of underwriting and just needs the auditor to sign off on it... haven't heard anything since. So I don't even know who to be mad at! I just know I'm mad.
|
Posted 2/16/10 11:54 AM |
| |
|
Beth
The Key to your new home....

Member since 2/06 24849 total posts
Name: Beth
|
Re: Still waiting... VENT
if the file was in underwriting friday am- yesterday banks were closed
you are almost there
I would be mad at the person that told you 10-14 days....b/c 30-45 is the average
|
Posted 2/16/10 11:57 AM |
| |
|
SummerMom
Now a mom of 2!

Member since 6/07 4970 total posts
Name:
|
Re: Still waiting... VENT
Thanks, Beth.
We wanted to close on Feb. 11 - that's the date that was in our mortgage commitment - and all along they told us that it was going to happen on that date. We packed, we bought new stuff, that date came and went, and we still don't even have authorization to close. And no one will call me back! The waiting is driving me insane.
|
Posted 2/16/10 12:07 PM |
| |
|
jgl
Love my little boys!!!

Member since 8/07 7060 total posts
Name: g
|
Re: Still waiting... VENT
we had problems like this as well.. our paper work was "sitting"and waiting to be given to the underwriter for weeks. finally Dh started calling and being nasty.. all of a sudden the underwriter had it that day
good luck just continue to stay ontop of it!
|
Posted 2/16/10 12:27 PM |
| |
|
pnbplus1
Family

Member since 5/09 5751 total posts
Name: Mommy
|
Re: Still waiting... VENT
I would ask the bank to pay the fee for extending your rate lock since its their fault you can't close by the deadline. We had this happen and our bank paid to extend our rate for 1 week even though we only needed it extended 2 days and to top it all off, they sent us a $200 check bc of the inconvenience.
|
Posted 2/16/10 12:53 PM |
| |
|
SummerMom
Now a mom of 2!

Member since 6/07 4970 total posts
Name:
|
Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**
Thanks for the encouragement. We got the call a couple of hours ago! Looks like we might close on Friday now. So I'll miss out on getting to set up the house during Presidents' Week (I'm a teacher) but I'm so happy it's finally happening!
|
Posted 2/16/10 4:53 PM |
| |
|
mandasue
LIF Adolescent

Member since 3/09 772 total posts
Name: Amanda
|
Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**
fingers Xd for friday!!!!!!!!!
|
Posted 2/16/10 5:35 PM |
| |
|
mikeandjess
LIF Adult

Member since 10/07 2278 total posts
Name:
|
Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**
yay dava! I'm glad it all worked out for you. Congrats!
|
Posted 2/16/10 5:44 PM |
| |
|
rkoenke
my little piggys

Member since 3/08 4315 total posts
Name: rachel
|
Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**
hallelujah!!!
see you around the hood!
i'll say congrats in person!
|
Posted 2/16/10 6:04 PM |
| |
|
SweetPeaMomma
LIF Adolescent

Member since 7/07 806 total posts
Name: jen
|
Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**
i remember the frustration being in limbo between the accepted offer and the closing date...we were going crazy nearly going past our rate lock date too. SO excited about your update, congrats on your new home and good luck!!!!
|
Posted 2/16/10 6:08 PM |
| |
|
PennyCat
Just call me mommy :)

Member since 7/08 19084 total posts
Name: Jib
|
Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**
Great update! I hope you're able to close by Friday!!
We still can't close Long story, but if we don't close by next week, we'll be homeless. I think I've grown numb to the aggravation by now. This house business is one think after another!
|
Posted 2/16/10 6:20 PM |
| |
|
JldDolphin

Member since 1/07 6929 total posts
Name: Jen
|
Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**
congrats. fingers crossed for friday.
|
Posted 2/16/10 8:29 PM |
| |
|
jen919ifer
LIF Adolescent

Member since 7/08 803 total posts
Name: Jennifer
|
Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**
YAY DAVA!!!!!
|
Posted 2/16/10 9:03 PM |
| |
|
CallaLily
Thank you, Saint Gerard!

Member since 10/07 4937 total posts
Name:
|
Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**
That's wonderful! Congratulations!
|
Posted 2/16/10 10:08 PM |
| |
|
SummerMom
Now a mom of 2!

Member since 6/07 4970 total posts
Name:
|
Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**
Thank you! The sellers' attorney apparently doesn't work past 4 PM so our lawyer couldn't get in touch with him. We'll have to wait another day to find out our closing date, I guess. I'm good at waiting by now! I just find it hard to believe that 3 days from now we might be homeowners!
|
Posted 2/16/10 10:11 PM |
| |
|
MommyofG
just the girls

Member since 5/05 9461 total posts
Name: Janice
|
Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**
Hi fingers crossed for friday!!! do you still need a guy to move the boiler? my dads friend who did this for the town of hempstead retired but I can still get you info if you need. best of luck to you!!!!!
|
Posted 2/17/10 5:49 PM |
| |
|
HeatherRose
Life is Good :)
Member since 11/07 6605 total posts
Name:
|
Re: Still waiting... **UPDATE - We got it!**
great news!!
|
Posted 2/17/10 7:51 PM |
| |
|