LIFamilies.com - Long Island, NY

RSS
Articles Business Directory Blog Real Estate Community Forum Shop My Family Contests

Quick navigation:   

How often do you clean

Posted By Message
Pages: 1 [2] 3

luvbuffet
LIF Adult

Member since 7/10

4830 total posts

Name:

Re: How often do you clean

i dont have a routine. im only home about 4 days a week and i live alone. i vacuum every week. i sanitize my fridge every 2 weeks now since im never there and i barely have food in there. when i was there everyday, i would clean non-stop.

my bedroom is a DISASTER! im too cheap to buy more hangers so im planning on stuffing clothes i dont want in bags to donate just so i can free up some hangers for new purchases.

Posted 12/2/13 4:46 PM

Long Island Weddings
Long Island's Largest Bridal Resource

KevinNKristin8-15-08
Welcome to the world Chase

Member since 9/08

6157 total posts

Name:
Kristin

Posted by NervousNell

I plead the 5th.
Does- when company is coming count?
Chat Icon

glad I'm not the only one!!! Lol

Posted 12/2/13 7:10 PM

PrincessP
Big sister!!!!!!!!!!

Member since 12/05

17443 total posts

Name:

Posted by NervousNell

I plead the 5th.
Chat Icon

Lol...this is funny!!!
Unfortunately I am too OCD for that. I clean daily and the kids come like a garbage truck and dump and 2 hrs I am cleaning again.

Posted 12/2/13 7:25 PM

MrsProfessor
hi

Member since 5/05

13568 total posts

Name:

I clean the bathroom every morning- a quick wipe of the sink/vanity, quick toilet brush, quick shower wipedown. I don't do a heavy/deep clean regularly because I feel like that little bit of daily maintenance keeps it pretty clean.

DH does all the vacuuming/mopping. Chat Icon

I wipe down the counters/stove/table every night after dinner. My kitchen is small and it takes 5 minutes. Once a month or so I clear off everything and deep clean.

The rest of my house is a mess. Chat Icon

Posted 12/2/13 7:41 PM

allIwant
Love my crazy life!

Member since 1/10

9127 total posts

Name:

I clean the shower 2x a week. Wipe down counters and clean toilet every 2 days (I often clean the rest of the bathroom when kids are in tub)

Kitchen- I clean counters and stove daily.
I sweep daily and wash the floor 1x a week and spot clean the floor daily

I dust and vacuum the main living area 1 or 2 x a week. Bedrooms I dust/vacuum once a week.

Windows not enough...there are always a million little finger prints on them.

Posted 12/2/13 7:45 PM

ria
LIF Adolescent

Member since 7/06

659 total posts

Name:

Posted by BriBri2u

I'm a clean freak so my cleaning routine may be a bit much....

I vacuum everyday - sometimes a few times a day. I hate to see anything on the floor.

I mop twice a week

I wipe down my kitchen sink and counters daily. I wipe my stove top after I finish cooking. Dishes get done as soon as they are used. I DESPISE dirty dishes in the sink.

I wash the bathtub/shower with cleaner every 2 days. In between, I just rinse after each use.

I windex the mirror and faucets daily. The toilet gets a cleaning every 2 days as well.

I dust every 2 days, change my sheets Saturday mornings.

It sounds like a lot, but because I do it so often it takes less than hour to do it all

What do you use to clean tub/tiles in shower that is used daily??

Posted 12/2/13 7:45 PM

lazybug
LIF Adolescent

Member since 3/12

806 total posts

Name:

Posted by M514

I clean the whole house once a week. That includes dusting, vacuuming and moping. The kitchen gets cleaned daily and I swiffer/sweep every day too.

This is pretty much what I do.

Posted 12/2/13 8:26 PM

lazybug
LIF Adolescent

Member since 3/12

806 total posts

Name:

Posted by ANewDayHasCome

If you can hire a cleaning lady :). Skip going out to dinner once a week....

I would love this but I don't see it in my near future at all.Chat Icon

Posted 12/2/13 8:28 PM

BriBri2u
L'amore vince sempre

Member since 5/05

8856 total posts

Name:
Mrs. B

Posted by ria

Posted by BriBri2u

I vacuum everyday - sometimes a few times a day. I hate to see anything on the floor.

I mop twice a week

I wipe down my kitchen sink and counters daily. I wipe my stove top after I finish cooking. Dishes get done as soon as they are used. I DESPISE dirty dishes in the sink.

I wash the bathtub/shower with cleaner every 2 days. In between, I just rinse after each use.

I windex the mirror and faucets daily. The toilet gets a cleaning every 2 days as well.

It sounds like a lot, but because I do it so often it takes less than hour to do it all

What do you use to clean tub/tiles in shower that is used daily??

I use comet for the tub and spray Clorox Bathroom cleaner for the shower/toilet/sink.

I rinse with water and pass a sponge through out the tub to avoid soap scum build up in between the days when I don't use a cleaner.

Posted 12/2/13 9:03 PM

Naner325
waiting on nugget!

Member since 6/10

4411 total posts

Name:
N

Posted by SusiBee

Because I work full time, once a week for all, including laundry.
I will wipe down my kitchen every night after cooking, bathroom sink as needed, but full on clean once a week.

ditto

Posted 12/2/13 9:11 PM

Jugglemom
LIF Adolescent

Member since 3/12

797 total posts

Name:

We have cleaning people that come every week. So all cleaning gets done once a week. In between weekly cleanings I will vacuum a couple times, mop several times, wipe down bathroom sinks, obviously kitchen counters and table etc.

I have to clean up toys and clutter EVERY single day though Chat Icon

Posted 12/2/13 9:27 PM

missus-hbradio
Twin mommy

Member since 5/05

15857 total posts

Name:

All of this is done weekly.

However dusting is another story.....

Posted 12/2/13 9:44 PM

MrsQ0520
LIF Infant

Member since 12/11

268 total posts

Name:
L

Posted by BriBri2u

I mop twice a week

you are my idol hahaha I WISH I could get myself into a routine like this. even HALF of this! Chat Icon

Posted 12/3/13 8:39 AM

alli3131
Peanut is here!!!!!!

Member since 5/09

16409 total posts

Name:
Allison

Posted by ElizaRags35

Posted by NervousNell

Posted by ElizaRags35

Posted by NervousNell

I plead the 5th.
Chat Icon

Seriously. We're twins.

Chat Icon
Wanna come over my non- Christmas decorated dirty house?
Chat Icon

Not tonight. I actually have to clean it tonight b/c my mom is coming to stay over for 3 days starting tomorrow. Chat Icon Chat Icon

See I am lucky....my mom cleans when she visits so I never clean before she comes....why waste my engergy..Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon

Posted 12/3/13 8:41 AM

babyvontheway
LIF Adolescent

Member since 6/12

568 total posts

Name:
Jen

I have a cleaning lady come once a month for a deep clean but in between I do things about once a week

Posted 12/3/13 9:36 AM

cake2013
LIF Infant

Member since 9/13

51 total posts

Name:

How often do you clean

I went home motivated last night and flaked out after 20 minutes.
Those with a cleaning lady, anyone in Southern Nassau? I'm thinking a monthly deep clean from a professional might be a good idea.

Posted 12/3/13 10:35 AM

Mrs213
LIF Adult

Member since 2/09

16162 total posts

Name:

When it looks dirty.Chat Icon

Posted 12/3/13 10:41 AM

Hofstra26
Take Me To Disney!

Member since 7/06

20950 total posts

Name:
Kristen

I'm always cleaning. Chat Icon

Neither DH or I can stand a messy house. We both like having a place for everything and keeping the house neat and organized. I cannot function in chaos and clutter.

I pick up throughout the day and once the kids are in bed at eight I make sure all their toys are away, the kitchen sink is empty, and everything in the den is straightened up. I like starting the day without crap everywhere.

I *try* to vacuum every other day, especially now since my DS is all over the place crawling. Because I stay on top of everything I don't really have to spend a million hours doing "big cleaning". If my DS is playing on the den floor I'll dust while he's playing. I clean the kitchen all the time as I go along. I never leave a room without taking something with me to put away.

I feel like if you're always on top of things it's a lot easier to clean because if the house is neat and things aren't everywhere the actual dusting, vacuuming, etc. is super easy.

Posted 12/3/13 10:49 AM

DiamondGirl
You are my I love you

Member since 7/09

18373 total posts

Name:
DiamondMama

Everyday I clean something--like I rotate--one day I do my master bath, next day LR.

The kitchen gets swept and wiped down (counters, table, appliances) daily.

Mopping and vacumming is once or twice a week,

My DH helps A LOT with cleaning and my MIL watches DS one day a week and is a big cleaner so we are lucky.

We have a clean home, I find it is easier to do something every day and maintain so that you dont need to do a three hour deep scrub that often.

Posted 12/3/13 10:51 AM

AScottWolf
I <3 our squish!

Member since 11/10

2231 total posts

Name:
Adriana

Posted by NervousNell

I plead the 5th.
Chat Icon

Chat Icon

Posted 12/3/13 11:12 AM

Nifheim
allo

Member since 1/09

5476 total posts

Name:
Jennifer

How often do you clean

your bathroom? weekly but i try to wipe down the toilet every three days

your kitchen? weekly, but every night after dinner I wipe down counters/stove/do dishes.

vacuum/mop? weekly - i try to do it twice a week vaccuum but its incredibly hard at times.

I work a FT job and run a business FT on top of that (and about to start earning my masters) and i take either my entire saturday morning or sunday morning to clean weekly. if I am overbooked and can't do it my husband must take over even though he isn't as thorough as i would be.

Posted 12/3/13 11:23 AM

moonmist09
Please, St. Gerard!

Member since 2/11

5028 total posts

Name:
Antonella

How often do you clean

your bathroom? (tub/shower/tiles, etc)
every week i'll give it a light cleaning - i'll clean the toilet and sink and mop and clean the mirror. an then every other week i'll attack the tub!

your kitchen?
pretty much every day. after i cook i clean up the whole thing

vacuum/mop?
i vacuum about every other day. my DD keeps throwing her puff snacks on the throw rug in our living room and then runs over them with her walker.
i mope about every 3-4 days as needed

Posted 12/3/13 12:02 PM

BriBri2u
L'amore vince sempre

Member since 5/05

8856 total posts

Name:
Mrs. B

Posted by MrsQ0520

Posted by BriBri2u

I mop twice a week

you are my idol hahaha I WISH I could get myself into a routine like this. even HALF of this! Chat Icon

Chat Icon Thanks!!

Actually, I'm a bit too much, my DH wants to kill me because I am so over the top with cleaning and keeping things organized. He's right most of the time. I just can't relax if things are not cleaned and organized.

Again, because I do it so often it really takes little time each night after work to do it.

Posted 12/3/13 1:19 PM

Jax430
Hi!

Member since 5/05

18922 total posts

Name:
Jackie

Posted by NervousNell

Posted by ElizaRags35

Posted by NervousNell

I plead the 5th.
Chat Icon

Seriously. We're twins.

Chat Icon
Chat Icon

You ladies make me feel so much better about my disaster of a house. Chat Icon I always say that I need to have company every once in awhile to motivate me to clean.

Posted 12/3/13 1:37 PM

NervousNell
Just another chapter in life..

Member since 11/09

34321 total posts

Name:
..being a mommy and being a wife!

Posted by Jax430

Posted by NervousNell

Posted by ElizaRags35

Posted by NervousNell

I plead the 5th.
Chat Icon

Seriously. We're twins.

Chat Icon
Chat Icon

You ladies make me feel so much better about my disaster of a house. Chat Icon I always say that I need to have company every once in awhile to motivate me to clean.

The really part is I find myself entertaining less and less because I can't stomach the thought of having to clean.
It's bad!!
Chat Icon

Posted 12/3/13 1:46 PM

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Potentially Related Topics:

Topic Posted By Started Replies Forum
Best way to clean bricks (covered w/ soot from fireplace)? AndreaLMT 12/17/05 5 Home
How do I clean the crib bumper? Quick Help needed! colesmom 12/6/05 4 Parenting
Quick, need help with sanded spackeling dust clean up! krashnburn 11/10/05 4 Home
Recommendations for a good/clean nail salon in Suffolk County??? maybride2004 10/26/05 8 Families Helping Families ™
This site is a great way to clean your screen of dirt etc... AndreaLMT 7/26/05 10 Families Helping Families ™
How do I clean a cast iron bath tub? baghag 7/5/05 6 Families Helping Families ™

Quick navigation:   
Currently 10329 users on the LIFamilies.com Chat
From the Store
Tea Tree Exfoliating Body Wash
$7.00
Look
Pearberry Exfoliating Body Wash
$7.00
Look
Rodeo Exfoliating Body Wash
$7.00
Look