Chicken Marsala Recipe
Submitted Oct 3, 2003 by LovingLife
Our lightened, wine-infused mushroom sauce is so delicious, you’ll want to serve it over rice or pasta to soak up every drop.
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cup canned beef broth, reduced-sodium
- 1 cup mushroom(s), fresh, sliced
- 1 pound uncooked chicken breast, boneless and skinless, four 4-oz pieces
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup wine, Marsala
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté until tender and releasing liquid, about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place chicken on a plate and season both sides with thyme, salt and pepper. Move mushrooms to outer edge of skillet once cooked. Place chicken in center of skillet and sauté until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
3. Add wine to skillet and simmer 1 minute. Add 3/4 cup of broth and simmer, uncovered, until chicken is tender and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
4. Dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/2 cup of broth and add to skillet. Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring constantly and incorporating mushrooms into the liquid, about 1 minute. Serve chicken with mushroom sauce spooned over top. Yields 1 chicken breast half and about 1/3 cup of sauce per serving.
Serve over rice or noodles