|
You must first be logged in to edit a post. If you are not registered, please click "Create Account".
| Posted By |
Message |
LJSMommy
Love him!
Member since 10/07 3189 total posts
Name:
|
Vaccination Question
We already had Logan have some vaccinations. He had one dose of HepB already.
I am second guessing the fact that he had the HepB shot NOW. In reading up a bit more, a more selective schedule of vaccinations doesn't advise it until preteen age for several reasons.
Since DS isn't going to daycare, he is in a private home and the only child, I don't feel so strongly that he needs it considering how it can be transmitted.
We go to the Dr. tomorrow for more vaccinations and I am wondering ahead of time if anyone has ever had a dose of HepB and then chose to hold off. Can that be done?
|
Posted 9/28/08 8:42 PM |
| |
|
Long Island Weddings
Long Island's Largest Bridal Resource |
bella
LIF Adult
Member since 5/05 1871 total posts
Name:
|
Re: Vaccination Question
Yes, you absolutely can delay shots after starting. You may find that your pediatrician does not agree or strongly adivises to stick with the recommended schedule but today many people used delayed schedules.
|
Posted 9/28/08 10:47 PM |
| |
|
itsbabytime
LIF Adult
Member since 11/05 9644 total posts
Name: Me
|
Re: Vaccination Question
My DS is just about 13 mos and we are going to get the first Heb B this month. We delayed it b/c neither I nor DH have hep b so the chances of him getting it up to this point were pretty much nil (he is not in daycare). HOWEVER, since he can get it if he is bitten by another kid who has it we felt that now was a good time to start - hope this helps!
|
Posted 9/28/08 10:53 PM |
| |
|
LJSMommy
Love him!
Member since 10/07 3189 total posts
Name:
|
Re: Vaccination Question
Posted by itsbabytime
My DS is just about 13 mos and we are going to get the first Heb B this month. We delayed it b/c neither I nor DH have hep b so the chances of him getting it up to this point were pretty much nil (he is not in daycare). HOWEVER, since he can get it if he is bitten by another kid who has it we felt that now was a good time to start - hope this helps!
Thanks! That's my reasoning as well.
I just hope it's not too late now since he already had one shot of HepB already! Guess I'll find out this morning!
|
Posted 9/29/08 8:00 AM |
| |
|
Potentially Related Topics:
Currently 123850 users on the LIFamilies.com Chat
|