| Posted By |
Message |
| Pages: [1] 2 |
Rycois
Blessed with 2blue/2pink

Member since 12/05 13341 total posts
Name: J
|
Results
Any stories of anyone with risks like mine from the quad screen?
Message edited 5/18/2011 1:03:22 PM.
|
Posted 5/16/11 10:01 AM |
| |
|
Long Island Weddings
Long Island's Largest Bridal Resource |
BethanyLynn
Love these munchkins

Member since 10/09 6295 total posts
Name: Bethany
|
Re: Results from quad screen
No advice just lots of and lots of for whatever you decide!
|
Posted 5/16/11 10:06 AM |
| |
|
chikita315
Love

Member since 8/06 7945 total posts
Name: M-lo
|
Re: Results from quad screen
Just tons and tons of
|
Posted 5/16/11 10:12 AM |
| |
|
bluekat16
My boys :-)

Member since 3/09 6659 total posts
Name: Kathy
|
Re: Results from quad screen
No advice...just lots or prayers and support for whtever you decide
|
Posted 5/16/11 10:13 AM |
| |
|
jteach
2 and through

Member since 9/07 3939 total posts
Name: Jess
|
Re: Results from quad screen
After my AFP my results were 1 in 10, based soley on my ultrasound. They had found 2 or 3 soft markers. I decided to wait it out and when my blood work came back in changed to 1 in 135. At my level 2 at 19 weeks every soft marker was gone and dd was born perfectly healthy.
It is a very scary time and very stressful, you have to do what you feel comfortable with
|
Posted 5/16/11 10:14 AM |
| |
|
mrsgafforio
LIF Adult

Member since 3/07 3929 total posts
Name: Christine
|
Re: Results from quad screen
No experience but tons of
|
Posted 5/16/11 10:15 AM |
| |
|
jax1
Love my baby girl!!!

Member since 3/09 3405 total posts
Name: Jackie
|
Re: Results from quad screen
|
Posted 5/16/11 10:15 AM |
| |
|
CrankyPants
I'm cranky

Member since 7/06 18178 total posts
Name: Mama Cranky
|
Re: Results from quad screen
Very scary news, but try to remember that the odds are still on the side of all being well. I know that is so difficult to remember
|
Posted 5/16/11 10:18 AM |
| |
|
4PsInaPod
My Loves <3

Member since 7/07 10079 total posts
Name: D
|
Re: Results from quad screen
No advice but lots of
|
Posted 5/16/11 10:20 AM |
| |
|
headoverheels
s'il vous plaît

Member since 6/07 42079 total posts
Name: LB
|
Re: Results from quad screen
I really don't have any advice, but I think you have to decide whether you would rather be more prepared now, if you think that you will go nuts waiting till 32 weeks to find out, or if you can hold off and wait because that's plenty of time to prepare. The odds of the amnio causing something bad to happen are so thin. I know myself - I would have to know right away, so I would have time to wrap my head around any possible issues.
Message edited 5/16/2011 10:25:18 AM.
|
Posted 5/16/11 10:24 AM |
| |
|
Rycois
Blessed with 2blue/2pink

Member since 12/05 13341 total posts
Name: J
|
Re: Results from quad screen
To clarify, my hang up now is with the amnio - I am not considering termination so I am not sure if I should just hold off on the amnio until my 8-9th month so if my water breaks, or there is a prob with amnio, I won't lose the baby. All I was hoping for was results to be a little better. If I went from 1 in 99 to 1 in 120 I would not even be considering the amnio. But here I am... Anyone know if they will do anything different at my Level II to look for markers? There were no markers on my ultrascreen sono or genetic sono. So far, my risks are from the bloodwork results.
|
Posted 5/16/11 10:36 AM |
| |
|
headoverheels
s'il vous plaît

Member since 6/07 42079 total posts
Name: LB
|
Re: Results from quad screen
Posted by SweetCaroline
To clarify, my hang up now is with the amnio - I am not considering termination so I am not sure if I should just hold off on the amnio until my 8-9th month so if my water breaks, or there is a prob with amnio, I won't lose the baby. All I was hoping for was results to be a little better. If I went from 1 in 99 to 1 in 120 I would not even be considering the amnio. But here I am... Anyone know if they will do anything different at my Level II to look for markers? There were no markers on my ultrascreen sono or genetic sono. So far, my risks are from the bloodwork results.
I don't know what markers they look for at the Level II, but I didn't realize you hadn't had yours yet - I would definitely wait to see what they saw at the level II before making a decision on when to have the amnio. I think it's so strange that there were no visible markers during your sonos but the bloodwork is showing something. I am no doctor, and know NOTHING about diagnostics, but if it were me, that would totally give me hope that all is well.
|
Posted 5/16/11 10:49 AM |
| |
|
buttercup
St. Jude pray for us...

Member since 1/11 2951 total posts
Name:
|
Re: Results from quad screen
just tons and tons of
|
Posted 5/16/11 10:51 AM |
| |
|
Budjeg11
LIF Adult
Member since 4/11 2644 total posts
Name:
|
Re: Results from quad screen
I dont know much about the topic but just offering you to help guide you to the right decision on the amnio and for all to go well whatever you decide.
|
Posted 5/16/11 10:57 AM |
| |
|
BabyLoveBug143
Alyssa Rose is here!!!

Member since 9/10 3288 total posts
Name: Jessica
|
Re: Results from quad screen
no real adivce, becuse i have not been in your shoes, but my only thoughts are, that you should wait for the amnio...you said so yourself if this is how it will be and you are not going to terminate the pregnancy, then your best bet is to wait until it is safer for the amnio...
but i think if i were in your situtaion i would wait. i couldnt live with myself if i did it early and something cause you to lose the baby.
|
Posted 5/16/11 11:01 AM |
| |
|
CrankyPants
I'm cranky

Member since 7/06 18178 total posts
Name: Mama Cranky
|
Re: Results from quad screen
Posted by headoverheels
Posted by SweetCaroline
To clarify, my hang up now is with the amnio - I am not considering termination so I am not sure if I should just hold off on the amnio until my 8-9th month so if my water breaks, or there is a prob with amnio, I won't lose the baby. All I was hoping for was results to be a little better. If I went from 1 in 99 to 1 in 120 I would not even be considering the amnio. But here I am... Anyone know if they will do anything different at my Level II to look for markers? There were no markers on my ultrascreen sono or genetic sono. So far, my risks are from the bloodwork results.
I don't know what markers they look for at the Level II, but I didn't realize you hadn't had yours yet - I would definitely wait to see what they saw at the level II before making a decision on when to have the amnio. I think it's so strange that there were no visible markers during your sonos but the bloodwork is showing something. I am no doctor, and know NOTHING about diagnostics, but if it were me, that would totally give me hope that all is well.
Same here-I think it is great news that no markers showed up on any of your early sonos, cling to that until your level II and then make your decision.
I thought about an amnio-just based on the fact that I am over 35. Like you, I wouldn't terminate, it would just be to buy some peace of mind (or take out the unknown). I would see how the level II goes and then figure out what your next move should be
|
Posted 5/16/11 11:35 AM |
| |
|
Salason
♥
Member since 6/05 9878 total posts
Name:
|
Re: Results from quad screen
First of all many I've been thinking about you all weekend...
I'm not sure if the growth sono is different than the genetic sono but I think it is a very good sign that there were no markers on multiple sonograms thus far. The blood tests alone have such high false positive rates.
I would do the amnio if I were in your position at this point though... You know I myself backed out of mine for similar fears but the odds of MC from an amnio are less than a half a percent. Given those odds and driving yourself crazy with worry, I would do it. It seems like it's been a hard pregnancy on you as it is between commuting, having two kids to chase and the MS so this uncertainty is just one more thing for you to deal with. If you can alleviate that even a litte by having a definitive answer, I would do it
|
Posted 5/16/11 11:39 AM |
| |
|
julz33
i run for bacon

Member since 5/05 20584 total posts
Name: julz
|
Re: Results from quad screen
I agree with LB... wait for the Level 2 (that should be soon, right?) and then if there is any question I would get the amnio. Like you, I wouldn't terminate but I would need to know as much as possible as soon as I could. Hoping everything is OK with your baby!
|
Posted 5/16/11 11:43 AM |
| |
|
BethanyLynn
Love these munchkins

Member since 10/09 6295 total posts
Name: Bethany
|
Re: Results from quad screen
Posted by julz33
I agree with LB... wait for the Level 2 (that should be soon, right?) and then if there is any question I would get the amnio. Like you, I wouldn't terminate but I would need to know as much as possible as soon as I could. Hoping everything is OK with your baby!
I agree. I'd do the Level 2, then take it from there. I also think that since there has not been any markers on any previous sonos thats a great sign!
|
Posted 5/16/11 11:56 AM |
| |
|
Rycois
Blessed with 2blue/2pink

Member since 12/05 13341 total posts
Name: J
|
Re: Results from quad screen
Thanks all. My level II is next week. I def. won't be doing anything before that - but keep thinking, at this point, I will have to do the amnio at one point or another having these quad screen results.
|
Posted 5/16/11 12:03 PM |
| |
|
FirstMate
My lil cowboy

Member since 10/10 7790 total posts
Name:
|
Re: Results from quad screen
I have no experience either but I wanted to offer hugs. Since termination is not a consideration for you, I would wait it out or maybe just not do it at all. I wish you all the best and lots of
|
Posted 5/16/11 12:06 PM |
| |
|
MrsRitaB
Love of my life! <3

Member since 4/10 4669 total posts
Name: Ri
|
Re: Results from quad screen
lots of for you that everything turns out well
|
Posted 5/16/11 12:10 PM |
| |
|
jax1
Love my baby girl!!!

Member since 3/09 3405 total posts
Name: Jackie
|
Re: Results from quad screen
Posted by headoverheels
Posted by SweetCaroline
To clarify, my hang up now is with the amnio - I am not considering termination so I am not sure if I should just hold off on
the amnio until my 8-9th
month so if my water breaks, or there is a prob with amnio, I won't lose the baby. All I was hoping for was results to be a little better. If I went from 1 in 99 to 1 in 120 I would not even be considering the amnio. But here I am... Anyone know if they will do anything different at my Level II to look for markers? There were no markers on my ultrascreen sono or genetic sono. So far, my risks are from the bloodwork results.
I don't know what markers they look for at the Level II, but I didn't realize you hadn't had yours yet - I would definitely wait to see what they saw at the level II before making a decision on when to have the amnio. I think it's so strange that there were no visible markers during your sonos but the bloodwork is showing something. I am no doctor, and know NOTHING about diagnostics, but if it were me, that would totally give me hope that all is well.
me too! I have heard that these tests are often wrong and give many false positives. Since you're not going to terminate, I would wait for the amnio. I would be too scared of miscarriage. Hopefully, they can see more and give you more info at your Level II.
|
Posted 5/16/11 12:34 PM |
| |
|
pickles16
Real Estate Professional

Member since 11/07 17227 total posts
Name: Jen
|
Re: Results from quad screen
|
Posted 5/16/11 12:50 PM |
| |
|
Deedlebugs
Blessed

Member since 12/05 10281 total posts
Name: Kiki
|
Re: Results from quad screen
Posted by julz33
I agree with LB... wait for the Level 2 (that should be soon, right?) and then if there is any question I would get the amnio. Like you, I wouldn't terminate but I would need to know as much as possible as soon as I could. Hoping everything is OK with your baby!
same here mama! Wait for the Level II and take it from there. Praying so hard for your little one.
|
Posted 5/16/11 1:00 PM |
| |
|
| Pages: [1] 2 |