LIFamilies.com - Long Island, NY


RSS
Articles Business Directory Blog Real Estate Community Forum Shop My Family Contests

Log In Chat Index Search Rules Lingo Create Account

Quick navigation:   

You must be a logged in user to report a bad post!

Vaccination Question

Posted By Message

LJSMommy
Love him!

Member since 10/07

3189 total posts

Name:

Vaccination Question

We already had Logan have some vaccinations. He had one dose of HepB already.

I am second guessing the fact that he had the HepB shot NOW. In reading up a bit more, a more selective schedule of vaccinations doesn't advise it until preteen age for several reasons.

Since DS isn't going to daycare, he is in a private home and the only child, I don't feel so strongly that he needs it considering how it can be transmitted.

We go to the Dr. tomorrow for more vaccinations and I am wondering ahead of time if anyone has ever had a dose of HepB and then chose to hold off. Can that be done?

Posted 9/28/08 8:42 PM
 
Long Island Weddings
Long Island's Largest Bridal Resource

bella
LIF Adult

Member since 5/05

1871 total posts

Name:

Re: Vaccination Question

Yes, you absolutely can delay shots after starting. You may find that your pediatrician does not agree or strongly adivises to stick with the recommended schedule but today many people used delayed schedules.

Posted 9/28/08 10:47 PM
 

itsbabytime
LIF Adult

Member since 11/05

9644 total posts

Name:
Me

Re: Vaccination Question

My DS is just about 13 mos and we are going to get the first Heb B this month. We delayed it b/c neither I nor DH have hep b so the chances of him getting it up to this point were pretty much nil (he is not in daycare). HOWEVER, since he can get it if he is bitten by another kid who has it we felt that now was a good time to start - hope this helps!

Posted 9/28/08 10:53 PM
 

LJSMommy
Love him!

Member since 10/07

3189 total posts

Name:

Re: Vaccination Question

Posted by itsbabytime

My DS is just about 13 mos and we are going to get the first Heb B this month. We delayed it b/c neither I nor DH have hep b so the chances of him getting it up to this point were pretty much nil (he is not in daycare). HOWEVER, since he can get it if he is bitten by another kid who has it we felt that now was a good time to start - hope this helps!




Thanks! That's my reasoning as well.

I just hope it's not too late now since he already had one shot of HepB already! Guess I'll find out this morning!

Posted 9/29/08 8:00 AM
 
 

Potentially Related Topics:

Topic Posted By Started Replies Forum
Serious question... has been on my mind all week. (long) randella 9/28/08 22 Pregnancy
Vaccination Question KarenAnthony 7/29/08 23 Parenting
Vaccination Question luvnlife 5/26/08 2 Parenting
Vaccination question... reggie 4/28/08 32 Parenting
vaccination question bella 1/28/08 9 Parenting
another vaccination question from a soon to be mom bella 9/18/07 8 Parenting
 
Quick navigation:   
Currently 273584 users on the LIFamilies.com Chat
New Businesses
1 More Rep
Carleton Hall of East Islip
J&A Building Services
LaraMae Health Coaching
Sonic Wellness
Julbaby Photography LLC
Ideal Uniforms
Teresa Geraghty Photography
Camelot Dream Homes
Long Island Wedding Boutique
MB Febus- Rodan & Fields
Camp Harbor
Market America-Shop.com
ACM Basement Waterproofing
Travel Tom

      Follow LIWeddings on Facebook

      Follow LIFamilies on Twitter
Long Island Bridal Shows