Long Island Events
Upcoming Long Island events and happenings.
Have an event to share? Click here.
19th Annual Irish Festival
Sunday, March 12 2017, 11:00AM
900 Fulton Ave
Hempstead, NY 11549
19th Annual Irish Festival
"Let Ye All Be Irish Today!"
The Irish Festival will continue to celebrate the Irish gifts of music, food and culture in America. There will be a number of music and dance performances throughout the day, as well as a variety of vendors and food.
Children 12 and under: FREE
Location: Hofstra University
Mack Physical Education Center, North Campus
For general information about the Dutch, Italian, or Irish Festivals, please call the Festival Hotline at (516) 463-6582.
FREE 4 Hour Self Defense Class for Women 12 and Older
Saturday, April 1 2017, 5:45PM
Lindenhurst, NY 11757
Free Rape Prevention Class for Women
Saturday, April 1st, 2017
5:45 - 10 pm
“What every woman needs, to feel empowered” -Sarah
For over 25 years Modern Warrior has been giving women reality-based, street proven strategies, tactics, and techniques in this community service class. To date we've trained thousands of people how to not just protect themselves but to WIN; now it's your turn!
This hands on class will teach you how to block various strikes by an attacker, how to then launch your counter-fight with highly effective strikes to the best targets for maximum damage, what to do if you get grabbed, held, or pulled, what to do if you end up on the ground, and much much more!
In addition we'll give you tools, facts, and insight that will better enable you to survive whatever the world may throw at you tomorrow, such as:
• Introduction to New York State Self Defense Law as it applies to violent situations
• How to recognize suspicious behavior
• How to act and what to do once you realize the person you're with has plans that don't include your consent
• How sexually motivated attackers think
• What do they look for when they are "hunting"?
• What makes them continue an attack?
• What makes an attacker stop their attack?
• And much much more!
EVERY woman needs to have this training! Grab your friends and family and come down for a girls night out!
Class is held at:
"Self Defense for the Real World"
711 N. Wellwood Ave
Lindenhurst, NY. 11757
- Open to all women ages 12 and older. There are no restrictions or prerequisites for physical fitness, height, weight, or even on any form of disability or chronic ailment that may limit your movement. No criminal is going to be deterred by any of that!
- Advance registration IS required; early registration is recommended. Space is limited and class fills up quickly.
- While this class is FREE: A deposit of $25 per person is required to hold your spot, it will be returned to you at the end of class.
To register call 631-226-8383
To learn more about our school, our staff, and our mission visit www.modernwarrior.com