LIFamilies.com - Long Island, NY

RSS
Articles Business Directory Blog Real Estate Community Forum Shop My Family Contests

Quick navigation:   

ARGH! POAS misery--not sure what to think!

Posted By Message

Avamyst
LIF Infant

Member since 8/07

122 total posts

Name:
T.

ARGH! POAS misery--not sure what to think!

Hey ladies,

Well now I am more confused than ever...

Af is due tomorrow...like a fool I bought a bunch of tests at dollar tree and started POAS last week. All BFN's. Bought some FP early results. When Tuesday's FMU with First Response Early Result was a BFN I figured I defintely was not PG.

BUT--I have some signs, mainly sharp hunger pangs every 2 hrs which I had with my first son, and some random nausea. I figured it was all in my head with the BFN's.

YEstserday morning I could've sworn I saw a spot of red on the TP but I didnt perseverate...flushed it down LOL.

Today, still feeling nauseaus and hungry so, I impulsively peed on my last test. It was not FMU, I had drank 2 cups of coffee and peed several times before. IN fact I could only pee a tiny bit for the test.

Well low and behold, after 3 minutes there was a 2nd line! VERY faint, but definitely there.

I tried getting a picture for validation but I cannot get the camera to focus zoomed in that closely.

So, either that spotting yesterday was implantation and this is real, or I got a bum test and I'm not PG. AAARRRGGGGG!! AF is still not due till tomorrow.

I'm considering calling my OBGY and asking for a blood test. I don't know if they'd do it though. WHAT SHOULD I THINK LADIES?

I'm very hesitant to buy anymore tests today because I know I"ll pee on all of them. Oh and FYI I did pee on one yestserday with mid day urine and it was a BFN. Not even the faintest of lines. So is it even possible that i really AM pg? Sorry for rambling on like a crazy perons! Chat Icon TIA!

Posted 5/26/11 10:10 AM

Long Island Weddings
Long Island's Largest Bridal Resource

addingonemore
My family is complete <3

Member since 11/10

1903 total posts

Name:

Re: ARGH! POAS misery--not sure what to think!

I think you have to step away from the tests before you go insane Chat Icon Chat Icon I know it will be hard, but I would wait a day or so and if AF doesn't show, then take a test. Good luck! Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon

Posted 5/26/11 10:35 AM

Avamyst
LIF Infant

Member since 8/07

122 total posts

Name:
T.

Posted by addingonemore

I think you have to step away from the tests before you go insane :

Thank you!!! I actually made an appt for my regular doc for 1:15 today. My main concern is medication that I am talking, if I am PG I need to discuss with him my dosage, etc. Hopefully he'll have me POAS there and maybe do a blood test also!

I really hope today's test os just not defective or something!

Thanks for the reply! Chat Icon

Posted 5/26/11 10:40 AM

gina409
TWINS!

Member since 12/09

24853 total posts

Name:
g

Posted by addingonemore

I think you have to step away from the tests before you go insane Chat Icon Chat Icon I know it will be hard, but I would wait a day or so and if AF doesn't show, then take a test. Good luck! Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon

ita..implantation bleeding is not that common and it most likely occurs 7 to 10 dpo so if af is due tomorrow it prob is not that

i would just wait a few more days then test

good luckChat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon

Posted 5/26/11 11:39 AM

Hoping4Baby11
MY TWINS ARE ALMOST 1!!!!

Member since 1/11

2124 total posts

Name:
Jenn

Sounds like you are making yourself Crazy!!!..LOL

I would wait a few more days and then test again. Chat Icon

Posted 5/26/11 12:15 PM

bettybcafe
Big brother in the making

Member since 7/07

8613 total posts

Name:
M

I might be the odd one here BUT you did see a second line on a FRER today? I mean, if its true and you are NOT crazy Chat Icon jk then you may very well be pregnant. I would def. test tomorrow using FMU Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon

Posted 5/26/11 4:23 PM

Avamyst
LIF Infant

Member since 8/07

122 total posts

Name:
T.

Now I'm really going nuts!!!

The positive today was on a Shop Rite Brand Early result test. Says "Test 5 days sooner" blah blah blah. There was very clearly a 2nd blue line.

So I called my primary doc and they were able to take me in. I needed to see him anyway for a refill on my thyroid med. Well HIS pee test was negative!
He did a blood test so I will know for sure tomorrow.

I bought Answer early result on the way home, used it with afternoon pee, another BFN. I still have tons of pg symptoms which could just be Af symptoms. But why the clearly postive test this morning? ARRRGGGHH!! I'm so spent emotionally. I really thought I was pg with that BFP this morning. Now I don't see how it could be. Chat Icon

Posted 5/26/11 5:44 PM

FlowerWife
Positive Vibrations...

Member since 1/08

8423 total posts

Name:

blue dye tests are known to give false positives. if that's the only test you got a BFP with unfortunately i wouldn't consider it accurate. either way at least you got the bloodwork today so you will know for sure. it's possible its a chemical pregnancy with a really low beta but only the bloodwork would tell you that. good luck!

Posted 5/27/11 4:00 PM

Potentially Related Topics:

Topic Posted By Started Replies Forum
not sure if I should POAS New2TTCing 4/11/11 5 TTC
Not sure if this is quite as accurate as POAS NinaLemon 3/12/08 25 TTC
POAS misery QueSeraSera 7/9/08 21 TTC

Quick navigation:   
Currently 185470 users on the LIFamilies.com Chat
From the Store
KIDSCOUNTER BATH COLLECTION
$42.00
Look