|Getting Blog up to speed|
Jan 24 2011 12:09AM
Dr B said that out of 15 eggs 13 were mature and 9 fertilized. He's waiting until day 3 to make his decision weather to do a day 3 or day 5 transfer. One of my issues is that my egg quality seems good until the maturation stage, after day 3 they don't seem to progress well but we are hoping the neupogen will help that. I have a feeling unless most of them are awesome on day 3 I will be going in Tuesday.
Dr B called again today, another egg fertilized, now we have 10!
Nothing like getting the phone call a few hrs before....I can't even go into all the details right now bc I'm so upset but it seems that yesterday (day 4) the embryologist called dr b and said they were doing great and day 5 shouldn't be a problem. Now dr b gets a call that overnight the embies have seemed to start to arrest, they are all still in the morula stage and shoul be blasts, not one of 10 made it, dr b doesn't want to transfer them, he said he is going to call me later and see if they make any progress but it doesn't look good. He said some other stuff about a male factor issue bc the problem seems to present at day 3 and that's when the male factor should kick in and it isn't but we've had the testsand everything is fine I'm going back to bed, just wanted to update you guys since you've all been so great and supportive.
This has been the worst 2 1/2 yrs
Justwanted to update you guys, spoke to dr b, not much new, there are 4 embies left....2 haven't changed at all today, 2 progressed slightly but aren't blasts yet, he said I'll hear from him in the morning. There is a chance that if any of them make it to blast we can go ahead with transfer, I'm not getting my hopes up though
Well ladies, today was a no go. Dr B called this morning and said that the embies made no progress overnight. He said the embryologist said he has never seen a pregnancy happen with whatever grade these embies were. So right now the plan is Dr B is going through comparing all my cycles, both embryo labs are going back and looking at my embies w a fine tooth comb (I stopped going to afs) to see if they can find anything. The real crap part is that both labs are saying they can't find anything wrong w the embies until day 5, problems like translocations usually do not produce good day 3 embies. Dr B said he has literally ran every test on us except the translocation test so we are doing that tomorrow. He says we do not present as people who have a translocation problem, but he needs to rule it out at this point. The other crappy thing is that if there is a translocation problem our only choices are to keep doing ivf and hope to get a good embie or try on our own and hope for the best. I am not going to be happy giving up but don't know how many more ivf's I can handle. I asked what if the translocations tests come back ok, then what? He said he can't answer that yet, he has no answers and he needs to keep digging deeper to figure it out, he won't give up without figuring it out. I don't know what to think at this point this is tearing me apart, I have done nothing but cry and sleep all day. I don't want to see anyone or talk to anyone (not u guys ) I feel like such a failure. I feel embarrassed bc I talk about my infertility and always have so much hope and now I have none left. I have always believes on Dr B, and I still do but the fact that he is actually baffled by my case scares me. Even both separate embryo clinics are confused. he said I just don't present like a typical translocation case and thats why no one did this test before. I'm so lucky to have my wonderful DS but I'm starting to think I'll never be able to give him a sibling, or give my dh and I another child that we so desperately want
I feel guilty bc I have one ds, I love him more than anything but I don't think I'll ever feel complete w/o another dc for us and a sibling for him
I feel down & guilty bc a few months ago my 20yr old nephew asked me to adopt his newborn baby girl, we couldn't for many reasons but the main being I wanted more of my own and didn't want to sacrifice more of my own, also I was afraid of there being issues later on in life since my nephew and I are close and he isn't want to give her up he had to....so sad bc I had the opportunity and didn't take it, guilty bc if we never have another bio child I feel guilty adopting someone else when I could have adopted family
I feel down bc how can I have one dc and not be able to have another??!!
I feel down bc I'm no longer me and haven't been for a long time, my dh, my ds and my weight suffer bc of it. Dh and ds not in a bad way but like I'm so blah, don't want to go out much, have to drag myself to do things etc but in a way if it weren't for my ds I would be way worse bc he keeps me busy.