LIFamilies.com - Long Island, NY

RSS
Articles Business Directory Blog Real Estate Community Forum Shop My Family Contests

Quick navigation:   

"MOMMYS BED MOMMYS BED MOMMYS BED

Posted By Message

Diana712
RIP my beloved Brother Richard

Member since 5/07

6694 total posts

Name:
Diana

"MOMMYS BED MOMMYS BED MOMMYS BED

AHHHHHH Chat Icon I created a real monster!! Any one else living or lived this NIGHTMARE???? WTTFFFFF.. Every night 3=4 am screaming to come in . so of course I just run get her and she goes back to sleep. But she moves around like a little owrm she is going to definitely fall off sooner or later so I am up all night watching and moving her back to the top of the bed!!!!I am EXHAUSTED!!! I look like I aged 20 years!!

Posted 6/14/11 8:40 PM

Long Island Weddings
Long Island's Largest Bridal Resource

staceyd
LIF Adult

Member since 8/08

2045 total posts

Name:
stacey

Re: "MOMMYS BED MOMMYS BED MOMMYS BED

My daughter was soon this too... But I decided to end it as soon as I could. I put a chair in her room and when she wakes up like that, I refused to get her out I sat with her until she is calm.. And close to sleep. Took a few days that's it! Good luck!

Posted 6/14/11 8:43 PM

nrthshgrl
It goes fast. Pay attention.

Member since 7/05

57281 total posts

Name:

On a brighter note, she recognizes that everything in the house is yours & not Daddy'sChat Icon

We let it go for the sake of sleep & they slept in our bed. I promise you it won't be forever. Plus when she's a snotty teenager, you can think back to when she adored you so much she wanted to sleep next to you.

You can also have her camp out on your floor.

Posted 6/14/11 8:58 PM

Jacksmommy
My love muffin!

Member since 1/07

5271 total posts

Name:
Liz

We had that. We ended up doing CIO in the middle of the night. Eventually (after a few days) it worked.

Posted 6/14/11 9:00 PM

Diana712
RIP my beloved Brother Richard

Member since 5/07

6694 total posts

Name:
Diana

Posted by nrthshgrl

On a brighter note, she recognizes that everything in the house is yours & not Daddy'sChat Icon

We let it go for the sake of sleep & they slept in our bed. I promise you it won't be forever. Plus when she's a snotty teenager, you can think back to when she adored you so much she wanted to sleep next to you.

You can also have her camp out on your floor.

You made me LOL.. Yes she does call everything Mommys ...

Your right because part of me does like it (thats the sick fluck part of me) But after and hour goes by and i keep looking at the time pass I want to throw her a$$ out !! Thanks for keeping it real for me .. You are so good at that Chat Icon Chat Icon

Posted 6/14/11 9:01 PM

karacg
Babygirl is 4!

Member since 5/05

17076 total posts

Name:
Kara®

I gave DD a nightgown of mine, and told her to hug it if she wakes up in the middle of the night. It works sometimes. Others, she comes into our room, and I pick her up immediately and take her back to her room. I lie with her in her bed until she goes back to sleep.

Then I go back to my own bed -- and toss and turn for hours. Chat Icon

Posted 6/14/11 9:32 PM

nrthshgrl
It goes fast. Pay attention.

Member since 7/05

57281 total posts

Name:

Oh one thing we also tried, which worked really well.

If my daughter woke up in her bed, she got to wear a dress.

if she woke up in our bed, she had to wear pants.Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon

Posted 6/14/11 9:44 PM

SweetCin
My green-eyed boy

Member since 5/05

13475 total posts

Name:
Cin

Diana, can't offer advice b/c I'm right there w/ you. DS who just turned 2 has been in this habit for the last 3 months or so. It seems every other night or so around 1 am he'll cry out, "mommy help" "I want mommy" & when I get him; I try rocking him in the glider & as soon as I go to put him down in the crib he'll point to our room & say, mommy bed (like your DD).

I tried a few nights of putting him down & letting him CIO but now that the windows have been open I don't think my neighbors want to hear 20-30 minutes of him screaming.

I too rationalize like he's 2; I love cuddling w/ him & it won't last forever. Yet I get kicked all night & when DH is home he'll barricade himself behind pillows so I'm getting kicked & pushed off the bed at the same time. Lots of Chat Icon

Posted 6/14/11 11:12 PM

Potentially Related Topics:

Topic Posted By Started Replies Forum
Please help me break this habit of 2 yr old waking at 130 am to come in to mommys bed 04bride 9/18/08 3 Parenting
going to bed Gertyrae 6/19/05 1 Families Helping Families ™
As requested...my lazy butt took pics of our bed btrflygrl 6/17/05 4 Home
Anxiously awaiting...our bed!!! btrflygrl 6/7/05 5 Home
What goes with this bed? MrsBumbleb 5/19/05 2 Home
we are buying a new bed today BethGail 5/14/05 1 Families Helping Families ™

Quick navigation:   
Currently 71061 users on the LIFamilies.com Chat
From the Store
Mary Kay CC Cream Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15
$20.00
Look
Mary Kay Lash Love Lengthening Mascara