- Long Island, NY

Articles Business Directory Blog Real Estate Community Forum Shop My Family Contests

Quick navigation:   

IUI 2 days in a row?

Posted By Message

LIF Infant

Member since 10/08

337 total posts

IUI 2 days in a row?

Ok, so I had an IUI yesterday, followed by another this morning. Didnt think of asking at the time, but what is the purpose for this? I mean, to me it seems logical, but how do they determine to do 1 or 2?

Backtrack, on Wed's sono, I had 4 follies (2 on each side) with dominance shown in the RO. There was a 14 and 9 measured. On sono before the IUI yesterday, the follie that was 14 had grown to 19.

Posted 1/15/10 3:23 PM
Long Island Weddings
Long Island's Largest Bridal Resource

LIF Adult

Member since 9/08

1440 total posts

Re: IUI 2 days in a row?

I always had two days also. Just insurance to make sure they get them since they can't tell exactly when you wil ovulate. GL!Chat Icon

Posted 1/15/10 3:25 PM

mommy to 2 boys

Member since 2/07

3586 total posts

proud mommy

Before the IUI, they will do a sono to see if you ovulated yet. If you haven't, they will have you come back for another IUI the next day. I think it's because they want to make sure the timing is just right. If on the first day the sono shows you already ovulated, they would just do the 1 IUI. Good luck!Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon

Posted 1/15/10 4:40 PM

My miracles!

Member since 12/05

23914 total posts

To conceive Abby I went through 5 unmedicated IUI cycles. The three times I got pregnant, (2 m/c's), they were ALL back to back. I don't ask why, I just know it works.

I used NSUH, I would go in for a mid cycle sonogram on CD 11 or 12. They would determine based on the size of the follicle when I should go back unless I surged before then. So let's say I surged on a Monday night, I would have an IUI on Tuesday. After that IUI they do a sonogram and they can see if my follicle was still there. If it was, I got another IUI the next day. If it wasn't, I was done. I have had as many as 4 IUIs in one week. It can take 24 hours or more to ovulate after a positive on an OPK. I think my follicles were just lazy.

Message edited 1/17/2010 10:46:14 AM.

Posted 1/16/10 11:38 AM

LIF Infant

Member since 4/09

140 total posts

Is you DH's count normal? Sometimes they will also schedule consecutive IUI's if the numbers are below a certain threshold. This was the reason in my case.

Posted 1/18/10 8:14 AM

LIF Toddler

Member since 7/09

452 total posts

I had back to back. I think it is pretty standard.

Posted 1/18/10 11:54 AM

Potentially Related Topics:

Topic Posted By Started Replies Forum
6 days past IUI.. LIBOUND 2/13/07 7 Infertility
anyone else have a dfficult time BDing 3 days in a row?? MetsGirl07 9/5/08 11 TTC
How many days in a row could you get a +OPK? conigs25 5/25/08 10 TTC
+opk two days in a row - when is 1dpo again? nyteacher13 5/3/08 3 TTC
OPK+ 2 days in a row- how much bd? melissalo 3/3/08 6 TTC
If you could only BD two days in a row... maybeamommy 1/7/08 13 TTC
Quick navigation:   
Currently 76426 users on the Chat
From the Store
Beautiful Cuticle Balm
New Businesses
Green Horizon Enterprises, Inc.
Long Island Wedding Boutique
Little Angels Center