LIFamilies.com - Long Island, NY

RSS
Articles Business Directory Blog Real Estate Community Forum Shop My Family Contests

Quick navigation:   

Does anyone use Dr. Lippman, Dr. Salem or Dr. O'Keefe

Posted By Message

PurpleC
Miracles Do Come True

Member since 8/10

1836 total posts

Name:
Caren

Does anyone use Dr. Lippman, Dr. Salem or Dr. O'Keefe

Im having a tough time choosing a pediatrician. I live in Baldwin and I don't mind traveling however there is something tempting about Dr. Lippman being 5 minutes away.
Im also curious about choosing an office that has more then one doctor, does that make a difference? I use to see Dr. Lippman with the kids I use to babysit for so I know him. He is also affiliated with LIJ and my baby may have to have surgery there.
I heard great things about Dr O'Keefe but not sure about the other doctors in the practice.
A friend of mine also told me about Dr. Salem in Oceanside who sounds great.
So who do I chose?

Posted 12/17/11 9:32 AM

Long Island Weddings
Long Island's Largest Bridal Resource

laurabora
LIF Adult

Member since 4/07

2712 total posts

Name:
Laura

Re: Does anyone use Dr. Lippman, Dr. Salem or Dr. O'Keefe

We use Oceanside Pediatrics (Dr. Salem). I've been with the practice for more than eight years, he is good and makes you feel comfortable, but with the retirement of Dr. Glatt they are very busy (they brought in a new doctor but she had a patient following as well so it didn't really help). It's harder than it used to be to get an appointment on short notice, but hopefully they'll work out the kinks.

Posted 12/17/11 10:39 AM

Arodisi
"My 3 Sons!"

Member since 3/06

3515 total posts

Name:
KT

i dont use dr lippman, but he was my BIL roommate in medical school. i have heard such great things about him and would love to go to him, but i wanted someone closer to my house.

HTH

Posted 12/17/11 11:01 AM

FlowerWife
Positive Vibrations...

Member since 1/08

8385 total posts

Name:

if you dont mind travelling i VERY HIGHLY reccomend DD's ped, Dr. Elissa Rubin in Mineola. several ladies on here use her and she is fantastic. i believe she is affiliated with LIJ, NSUH and Winthrop.

Posted 12/17/11 11:38 AM

Sweetlax22
LIF Adult

Member since 5/10

1389 total posts

Name:

I'm not a parent but a former patient of dr. Salem and I liked him as a kid and I know at the time my mom and aunts were happy with the practice.

Posted 12/17/11 11:54 AM

staceyd
LIF Adult

Member since 8/08

2040 total posts

Name:
stacey

I use okeefe and I love the practice... Only 1 out of the 4 I don't really love... She's ok... Always there for emergencies and have made me feel really at ease with my son who has a genetic disorder... They were also the ones to find it... They also keep on top of everything with my daughter too... I am very happy with them!

Posted 12/17/11 12:21 PM

sasha96
lovin' my 2 little ladies!

Member since 5/05

7392 total posts

Name:
Julianne

Dr. Lippman is FABULOUS! I know both him and his wife personally. My very good friend uses him as a doctor and adores him! If I didn't live so far from his practice I would have used him. He has a great bedside manner, as I have discussed medical things with him before (regarding my kids).

Posted 12/17/11 1:51 PM

pnbplus1
Family

Member since 5/09

5050 total posts

Name:
Mommy

Dr. Salem was my pediatrician as a child. I also live in Baldwin. I started out taking DS to Dr. Salem when he was born but got tired of having to wait sometimes over an hour for my newborn to be seen. It just wasn't as great a practice as I remembered it so I switched when DS was 1 month old (that 1st month we were there at least 3 times bc DS had what turned out to be reflux).

DS is 2 and we have been seeing Dr. Jetter of Baldwin Harbour Pediatrics since we switched at 1 month. I think she is great! I am quite happy with her and the practice. There is another MD and a NP. I always gets call backs quickly and no question ever seems too silly. They are great with not pushing vaccines too. Highly recommend her.

Posted 12/17/11 4:32 PM

brassmunky
LIF Adult

Member since 6/08

1163 total posts

Name:

we're in baldwin also and ds is a patient of dr. lippmann. he has a great bedside manner & ds really seems to like him.
it's a great convenience that the office is 5 minutes away too.

but, they are very busy there. and every single time we've had an urgent question during off hours where i needed to talk to him, it does takes more than a few calls & several hours later to actually speak with him. twice during holiday weekends, and once it was his on call doc that kept us waiting. we actually never heard back from him once.

needing a question answered, or a first time mom's concern for her infant are general things you deal with as a pediatrician.

but we are still there, out of convenience and the feeling we get like we "know" him when we're there.

but i do find myself looking around for rec's - local or not. just a good ped who we can really talk to - or talk to during off hours.

Posted 12/17/11 7:00 PM

Quick navigation:   
Currently 204631 users on the LIFamilies.com Chat
From the Store
Facial - Deep Hydration Mask
$99.00
Look
KIDSCOUNTER BATH COLLECTION
$42.00
Look
TimeWise Miracle Set
$90.00