LIFamilies.com - Long Island, NY


RSS
Articles Business Directory Blog Real Estate Community Forum Shop My Family Contests

Log In Chat Index Search Rules Lingo Create Account

Quick navigation:   

Dog eating mouse poison experience ??

Posted By Message

imas98
Love my Furbaby

Member since 10/07

1132 total posts

Name:

Dog eating mouse poison experience ??

We were at someone else's house this weekend and I turned around for 10 seconds......when I grabbed her she had a white pill in her mouth but I got her to drop it. IF she ate more than that we don't know so we went to the emergency room to be safe.

She was given an injection to make her vomit but the vet didn't see any of the poison there (just her dinner & some paper & stuff she ate) then she was given charcoal to coat her stomache from absorbing whatever she might've eaten. Now we have to give her Vitamin K for a month & get her blood tested at the end of that.

Has anyone experienced this ?? I'm so nervous and hoping this is just routine and she'll be okay Chat Icon

TIA

Posted 4/2/12 9:58 AM
 
Long Island Weddings
Long Island's Largest Bridal Resource

BBin2012
Full heart!

Member since 8/11

1835 total posts

Name:
Ka

Re: Dog eating mouse poison experience ??

It sounds like she got the right treatment. Chat Icon Chat Icon

My lab puppy ate poisonous mushrooms in a friend's backyard (but was vomiting on her own shortly after), so we took her to a pet emergency room and they gave her activated charcoal and fluids. They kept her overnight and she was fine within a couple of days of the trauma.

I hope your pup feels better soon!! Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon

Posted 4/2/12 3:41 PM
 

CallaLily
Thank you, Saint Gerard!

Member since 10/07

4937 total posts

Name:

Re: Dog eating mouse poison experience ??

OMG! No experience but I'm just sending Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon Chat Icon that your pup is ok!

Posted 4/2/12 7:31 PM
 

imas98
Love my Furbaby

Member since 10/07

1132 total posts

Name:

Re: Dog eating mouse poison experience ??

Thanks :)

We went to our vet last night & she said the emergency vet did a thorough job so I'm glad she got everything she needed !

Someone in DH's job is going through the same thing with their dog who is 1/4 of her size & who ate the whole package Chat Icon So I think its common and she'll be fine.

Thanks again !

Posted 4/3/12 9:34 AM
 
 

Potentially Related Topics:

Topic Posted By Started Replies Forum
Cedar Creek Dog Run - My Experience today, FYI... karacg 9/12/07 11 Pets
Coney Island Nathans Hot Dog eating Contest -DonnaMarie- 7/4/07 17 Families Helping Families ™
Dog not eating chikita315 2/15/07 6 Pets
my dog keeps eating my basal body thermometer! alexlynn7 11/18/06 1 Pets
dog not eating mosa77 11/12/06 10 Pets
hot dog eating contest. bklyngirl 7/4/06 8 Families Helping Families ™
 
Quick navigation:   
Currently 142591 users on the LIFamilies.com Chat
New Businesses
Carleton Hall of East Islip
J&A Building Services
LaraMae Health Coaching
Sonic Wellness
Julbaby Photography LLC
Ideal Uniforms
Teresa Geraghty Photography
Camelot Dream Homes
Long Island Wedding Boutique
MB Febus- Rodan & Fields
Camp Harbor
Market America-Shop.com
ACM Basement Waterproofing
Travel Tom
Yoga Womb/ SECS talk

      Follow LIWeddings on Facebook

      Follow LIFamilies on Twitter
Long Island Bridal Shows