LIFamilies.com - Long Island, NY

RSS
Articles Business Directory Blog Real Estate Community Forum Shop My Family Contests

Quick navigation:   

Has anyone ever mixed anything in with formula to make it taste better? (For an older baby 7mos +)?

Posted By Message

itsbabytime
LIF Adult

Member since 11/05

8964 total posts

Name:
Me

Has anyone ever mixed anything in with formula to make it taste better? (For an older baby 7mos +)?

If so (besides BM) what? My daughter hates formula.TIA!

Posted 9/9/10 10:27 PM

Long Island Weddings
Long Island's Largest Bridal Resource

BAM 2009
I am who I am!!!

Member since 5/09

6081 total posts

Name:

Re: Has anyone ever mixed anything in with formula to make it taste better? (For an older baby 7mos +)?

When DS was on all types of formula, someone recommended that I put a drop of chocolate syrup in it. But I never did. DS has allergies, so I didn't want to risk it...There are companies that make flavoring for all types of things. I will see if I can find the link for you..

Posted 9/9/10 10:40 PM

itsbabytime
LIF Adult

Member since 11/05

8964 total posts

Name:
Me

Re: Has anyone ever mixed anything in with formula to make it taste better? (For an older baby 7mos +)?

Posted by BAM 2009

When DS was on all types of formula, someone recommended that I put a drop of chocolate syrup in it. But I never did. DS has allergies, so I didn't want to risk it...There are companies that make flavoring for all types of things. I will see if I can find the link for you..

Chocolate syrup Chat Icon My DD thinks pears are too sweet Chat Icon

Someone told me about these fortified cookies but, I'm not sure how I feel about that. I was wondering if there were any foodsthat blend well enough in formula to drink through the bottle if that makes sense? If I mix the formula with sweet potatoes I blend up - she will eat it. But, isn't possible to feed that much formula that way!

Posted 9/9/10 10:45 PM

BAM 2009
I am who I am!!!

Member since 5/09

6081 total posts

Name:

Great....DS is on Elecare right now and it is the worst tasting formula of all the ones he has been on. He drinks it like a champ now at 10 months. I can't find the link for the company that I asked for flavoring DS's Elecare. They wouldn't do it because it is a hypoallergenic formula and they didn't want to take any chances. I have no idea what else to put in there. It is going to be trial and error for now. Good luck...

Posted 9/9/10 10:59 PM

itsbabytime
LIF Adult

Member since 11/05

8964 total posts

Name:
Me

Posted by BAM 2009

Great....DS is on Elecare right now and it is the worst tasting formula of all the ones he has been on. He drinks it like a champ now at 10 months. I can't find the link for the company that I asked for flavoring DS's Elecare. They wouldn't do it because it is a hypoallergenic formula and they didn't want to take any chances. I have no idea what else to put in there. It is going to be trial and error for now. Good luck...

How did you get him to drink itthen?

Posted 9/9/10 11:02 PM

mommyIam

Member since 7/09

9209 total posts

Name:
Shana

I would talk to your ped. I wonder if you can just give her cow's milk and vitamins, if there are no milk allergies or anything.

I never quite understood the difference between milk+vitamims and formula, other than its sometimes more broken down.

Posted 9/9/10 11:05 PM

BAM 2009
I am who I am!!!

Member since 5/09

6081 total posts

Name:

I guess he was hungry enough that he just drank it. He was on it at 6 weeks old. Before that he was on Nutramigen and that tasted just as bad. He had such a hard time with his belly that I guess he just wanted something to fill him up and make him feel better....Not much help....

Posted 9/9/10 11:06 PM

BeachMom
Love my 4 kiddos!

Member since 11/08

8343 total posts

Name:
Kristie

when we had issues i was told to put a drop of vanilla in it.

Posted 9/10/10 5:14 AM

LoveyQ
Stalkers, get a life.

Member since 11/07

12820 total posts

Name:

We used to put a teaspoon of dark Karo Syrup in DS's morning and night bottles to help him poop (it actually never did help him with that so we stopped and for a while he only wanted bottles with Karo so we had to break that habit.

Posted 9/10/10 10:10 AM

Mariabella
LIF Adolescent

Member since 4/10

846 total posts

Name:
Mama

I give my son Plasmon cookies crushed in the bottle with his formula in the morning as breakfast and Oatmeal in his bedtime bottle. He is 9 months and I have been doing this since he was 3 months old. But I don't do this for the taste he liked formula just for nutrition.

Posted 9/10/10 10:45 AM

itsbabytime
LIF Adult

Member since 11/05

8964 total posts

Name:
Me

Posted by Mariabella

I give my son Plasmon cookies crushed in the bottle with his formula in the morning as breakfast and Oatmeal in his bedtime bottle. He is 9 months and I have been doing this since he was 3 months old. But I don't do this for the taste he liked formula just for nutrition.

When you add this - it still goes through the nipple? How much cereal do you put in per ounce?

Posted 9/10/10 12:35 PM

Mariabella
LIF Adolescent

Member since 4/10

846 total posts

Name:
Mama

I use Playtex Ventair bottles & the Y cut nipple for the Dr. Brown bottles fit perfectly. The oatmeal I do a tsp for each oz.

Posted 9/10/10 1:20 PM

mrswask
Pookie Love

Member since 5/05

20183 total posts

Name:
Michal

Our GI has us put Splenda in Jordan's Elecare because it tastes so vile!

Posted 9/10/10 1:43 PM

Quick navigation:   
Currently 77975 users on the LIFamilies.com Chat
From the Store
THE FACE COLLECTION
$185.00
Look
Ultimate Body Applicator
$99.00
Look
THE QUINTESSENTIAL COLLECTION
$75.00