- Long Island, NY

Articles Business Directory Blog Real Estate Community Forum Shop My Family Contests

Quick navigation:   

Baby rash under chin/neck

Posted By Message

LIF Adolescent

Member since 4/07

618 total posts

Baby rash under chin/neck

Formula dribbled down my DD chin and under her neck has become irritated. Can I put diaper rash cream under there...maybe vaseline?

Message edited 6/8/2007 9:47:31 AM.

Posted 6/8/07 9:47 AM
Long Island Weddings
Long Island's Largest Bridal Resource

It goes fast. Pay attention.

Member since 7/05

57496 total posts

Re: Baby rash under chin/neck

I would use a warm washcloth.

My MIL kept suggesting to put vaseline on my dcs' faces during teething, but as a new I couldn't bring myself to do (what if he ingests it?)

Posted 6/8/07 9:49 AM

Happy Days!

Member since 8/05

18208 total posts

You can indeed use a diaper rash cream, if you don't take care of it it can get infected, anything to act as a barrier cream will work well.

Posted 6/8/07 9:51 AM

LIF Toddler

Member since 5/07

426 total posts

I have the same thing with my son. I am finding that Aquaphor or A&D Ointment helps!!

Posted 6/8/07 9:55 AM

Member since 5/05

12576 total posts

Same thing happened to Hannah. I clean it with a warm washcloth, pat it dry and put Aquaphor on it. It heals it pretty quick (my ped said any kind of diaper cream would work.)

I also put Aquaphor only (not diaper cream) around her mouth, cheeks and chin since she's teething and getting irritated. I figured that's what they make chapstick out of. Also, not to compare a baby to a cat - but my vet tells me to let my cat lick vaseline off my finger for a hairball - so I don't think it can be that harmful if she ingest a little from licking her lips.

But do what makes you comfortable.

Message edited 6/8/2007 9:59:36 AM.

Posted 6/8/07 9:59 AM

Love my son!

Member since 6/05

1468 total posts

Honestly I don't think I put anything on it. I washed it lightly with water, patted it dry and tried my best to air it out - which was tough with all the baby neck rolls! Chat Icon

ETA - I just remembered. At night I put Aquaphor on him. During the day I tried to just air it out.

Message edited 6/8/2007 10:04:41 AM.

Posted 6/8/07 10:00 AM

Life is good...

Member since 9/05

18504 total posts

Steven has had this since he was just a few weeks old. From the drooling and just when it clears up, he gets it right back again. I have tried EVRYTHING and nothing works!!!!!!!!

I just use Aveeno Baby lotion under his neck. It seems to sooth it and in the morning it looks good. By the night, it's red again.Chat Icon

Posted 6/8/07 10:01 AM

My Everything!

Member since 11/05

35143 total posts

Cailen gets this! He has no neck, I swear, so it all dribbles and gets lost....

I wipe him under his chin a few times a day with a wet wash cloth - I reeeeally have to dig under there to get it out - it helps to lift him and tilt his head back a bit.... I haven't put anything on it - I figured with regular washes, it should get better on its own....

Chat Icon

Posted 6/8/07 10:05 AM

Member since 5/06

3793 total posts

I was going to put this post up today. Paige always has a red irritated neck and it never goes away. Between the drool and formula its so red. Maybe I will try either Aquaphor or diaper rash cream.

Posted 6/8/07 10:09 AM

Fun in the Snow!

Member since 11/06

4512 total posts

Taylor constantly has formula hiding in the folds of her neck. I even have a hard time getting to it while in the bathtub. I try to hold her and tilt her neck, I use a warm washcloth and then put Aquaphor on it

Posted 6/8/07 10:22 AM

Hope is Contagious....catch it

Member since 5/05

28653 total posts

Posted by 2boysmom

I have the same thing with my son. I am finding that Aquaphor or A&D Ointment helps!!

same here

Posted 6/8/07 11:03 AM

Barb-Never removing this pic!

Member since 11/05

3932 total posts

Aquaphor. It is the only thing I put on his face.

Posted 6/8/07 12:24 PM

Potentially Related Topics:

Topic Posted By Started Replies Forum
Does anyone worry about the umbilical cord wrapping around the baby's neck during pregnancy or labor? Mommy2Boys 2/6/07 10 Pregnancy
Can a rash be dangerous to the baby during pregnancy?? MamaNDaddyof3 4/24/06 8 Pregnancy
chin rash dree 1/7/06 5 Parenting
What do you use for diaper rash? purplegirl 6/8/07 3 Parenting
Quick navigation:   
Currently 91153 users on the Chat
From the Store
Vanilla Exfoliating Body Wash
Cucumber Melon Exfoliating Body Wash
New Businesses
Green Horizon Enterprises, Inc.
Long Island Wedding Boutique
Little Angels Center
Island Wide Entertainment