Gifts That Keep On Giving: Romantic Gifts For Him
Save to notebook
By Mia Bolaris-Forget
Do you find yourself pulling your hair out trying to figure out what to get “him”? “He” doesn’t have to be your honey; in fact, he can be your boss, your brother, your dad (or granddad), your father or brother-in-law, your husband’s best friend, or YOUR best friend’s baby boy. Let’s face it, no matter who it is, men are just harder to buy for, probably because they never really reveal what they want or need and when they do we simply don’t know a thing about it (such as power tools) and just don’t consider these things as “important” as a nice new sweater of business suit to replace the one he’s had since college or his first job interview. And, there’s really very little that’s “romantic” about guy gifts….which brings us full circle to buying (a gift) for the most important man in our (romantic) life.
Besides the drill and a few new pairs (of probably much needed) BVDs, you want to spice up the holidays and his gift with more than just (spiced) cider. Here are a few sexy, sentimental, and very stately suggestions for your stud (muffin).
1. Flattery Will Get You Everywhere: Give him the gift of praise this year. Let him know how happy you are to be “his”, or let him know how handsome, smart, or sexy you think he is (and a bit of lingerie with that last comment wouldn’t hurt either). Also, especially if he’s taken the time to decorate the exterior of the house, chop down the tree or help with the holiday fanfare, make sure you let him know how skilled you think he is and how much you appreciate what he does and how he does it.
2. Give Mr. “Tall, Dark and Handsome” Some Sugar With Some Dark Chocolate:
3. Think Outside The Box: While you may have literally jumped for joy when his old letterman’s jacket fell apart or “accidentally” got donated to charity, or when his mother gave away his collection of license plates, but he probably doesn’t share your sentiments or your enthusiasm. Consider finding a replica of his old jacket, replacing part of his collection or getting him something he’s always wanted but could never find or “afford”.
4. Menswear (On You): Guys love to see their ladies wearing their clothes. Set aside a special night for just you and him and come to bed in HIS pjs or to the dinner table in his shirt (and nothing else). No time for this (especially with all the holiday happenings), how about going to a party in a miniskirt or long (tight) skirt and his shirt, even his tie?
5. The Gift Of Laughter: No, we are not suggesting you get up on stage or in front of friends and family and try to tickle his funny bone by feeding him “classic” one-liners. Guys love women with a good sense of humor, especially those that can enjoy silly slapstick comedy as much as them. Consider a few funny movies perhaps including some Three Stooges, for both of you to enjoy.
6. Photo Opportunities: Consider showing you man how much you care by arranging for portraits of both of you, or upgrading the picture you have of him on your desk or in your wallet. Perhaps simply surprise him by getting a nicer frame for a picture you already have of him in your home office or on your bedroom nightstand. While this may not be the “ideal” primary gift, it’s certainly a great “stocking” stuffer that shows you (still) care.
7. Steppin’ Out In Style: From a romantic dinner and a Broadway show to a night of ballroom or better yet, a limo to their favorite sports or concert spectacular, guys (whether they admit it or not) say they love getting dressed up and going out.
8. Things That Make You Go “WOW”: Guys like things that leave them in “awe”. Arrange to take him to a car or boat extravaganza, a special getaway, bring him back to the place (hometown) he grew up or went to collage in, arrange for a surprise visit from his best bud or family and give him your version of a Holiday Spectacular.
9. Sex For No Reason: Men tend to love spontaneity but most have learned that they have to “earn” things in life, and that includes intimacy. In fact, many know that especially with a hectic holiday schedule, they most likely have to schedule in an “appointment”. Consider surprising him by renting a room in the middle of the day, or taking a break from the chores (when the family is not around), Even pinches his posterior on a crowded public street, or sneaking a passionate kiss at an upscale holiday party. But, don’t forget to be a little “mysterious”, and not necessarily candidly obvious.
10. Love Notes: Yes, men admit that they enjoy giving them and getting them. Tuck a little love note in his lunch, or on the fridge before darting off to work or to drop off the kids. How about one in or attached to one of the aforementioned “sexy” gifts or at the end of the “honey-do” list to remind him there’s more to your relationship than routine. And, according to experts, including (an “I Love You”) as part of an addendum only adds to the allure.
Long Island Relationship Articles
Gifts That Keep On Giving: Romantic Gifts For Him